Wednesday, January 17, 2007
A controlled chaos
I'm finally settling down to add a post of my own to our family's blog. Holy Crap!!! I have two kids! "Kids" Plural. Wow, what a change in the past few weeks. Having two kids is not as hard as I expected, and I must admit that is a bit scary. Perhaps the baby poop hasn't really hit the fan yet. Jack is a really good baby. He sleeps (for the most part) when he should, and is really alert and happy when he's awake. He's a slow eater, but that may be his way of forcing Audrey and I to do a little less and take a break. Audrey is a good big sister. She helps out a fair amount, and is very much in love with her baby brother. She's been a bit more whiny than normal, and seems to need a little more love, but that's really to be expected. We talked with her about the concept of a baby coming to our house, but it was a vague concept out in the futher somewher. Without having nine months to watch me get bigger, it still came as a shock to her. By the way, the whole newborn thing without the hormones, recovery and general crappy feeling post-delivery is pretty great. I'm in a much better mood at the 3AM feeding when I'm not weepy and sore. We'll make sure that our blog has plenty of good pics of the boy and the little lady. For now, we are keeping our heads above water (barely) and just trying to sort through the baby clothes and sundry gear.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Sarah - I am so proud of you guys! He is a gem and Audrey is going to be a great big sister. She will get used to him staying - it just might take a little while. I don't know - because mine didn't ever really know any different.... I guess that's the one plus of having them 10 1/2 months apart!
It's probably easier to have two kids than one. They keep eachother busy (or will when Jack's a little older). I'm so happy for you guys. I'm slightly jealous, but happy. :)
He really is a cutie - he looks like he could join right in with my guys' baby pics - a real member of the clan! Keep the blog and photos coming! - kay
He's a beebs.
By the by, Sarah-
Don't forget the Shins are coming to James' work on Feb. 21 and I'm sure he can get you in :)
-Ashley
Post a Comment